David Garibaldi of TOWER OF POWER
Born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, David began playing drums in elementary school at the age of ten. At age seventeen, he started his professional career, and in 1966 joined the United States Air Force where he became a member of the 724th USAF band stationed at McChord Air Force Base in Tacoma, Washington.
Upon leaving the military in 1969, he returned to the bay area and in July of 1970 joined the legendary Tower of Power. It was in this setting that David became one of the most influential drummers of his generation and became known as an innovator in funk drumming.
As a writer and performer David has worked with such artists as Patti Austin, Natalie Cole, Mickey Hart's Planet Drum, Boz Scaggs, The BBC Orchestra, Gino Vannelli, Talking Drums, The Buddy Rich Orchestra, Ray Obiedo, Wishful Thinking, and many others.
Currently, David is once again performing and recording with the Tower of Power. In 1998, after an eighteen year "break", he rejoined the group for some "unfinished business".
Amongst David's many achievements:
· Modern Drummer Magazine - readers Poll Winner "R&B/Funk" category six times. Five consecutive years from 1980-1985, and again in 2003. His name now permanently resides in that polls honor roll category for his lasting contributions to the percussive arts.
· DRUM! Magazine - Readers Poll winner - 1998 Best Percussion Video, "David Garibaldi featuring Talking Drums".
· 1982-1989 percussion faculty at the Dick Grove School of Music in Los Angeles, California.
· International clinician since 1980.
· Columnist for Modern Drummer Magazine for many years, as well as many other international drum publications.
· Drum Loop CD: “Tower of Funk Classic Funk and R&B Drum Loops”
· Three educational videos:
"Tower of Groove, Part 1"
"Tower of Groove, Part 2"
"David Garibaldi Featuring Talking Drums"
· Four drum set instruction books:
"The Funky Beat"
"TimbaFunk" (Talking Drums)
"Tiempo" (Talking Drums)
· David's first book, "Future Sounds", was rated one of the 10 greatest drum books by Modern Drummer Magazine (August 1993)
· Slagwerkkrant Magazine (The Netherlands) - Readers Poll winner 1997 Drum Book of The Year, "The Funky Beat".
At YAMAHA, prototype drums are the starting point of each drum's evolution. These prototypes are created in the Drum Laboratory where YAMAHA continually pursues the essence of musical perfection. Under a completely new concept, the PHX (pronounced "phoenix") Series is the pinnacle of excellence in this prototyping process. Handcrafted by our expert technicians, it's based on over 40 years of history, tradition and experience and technology. The newly developed PHX Series reveals YAMAHA's all-out pursuit of the ultimate in drum craftmanship and sound.Other Colours Available
Working with the legendary Artist Steve Gadd, Yamaha have elevated the iconic Recording Custom Series with new design elements, producing a refined focused sound with enhanced rounded and deeper tone. All North American Birch 6 Ply shells with 30 Degree Bearing Edges are complimented by the re-designed Hi Tension Lug that is weighted to enhance lower frequencies. The result is an easy-to-use and easy-to-tune drum set that re-defines the classic signature sound. Suitable for any style of drumming in all situations.Other Colours Available
The new HS1200 Hi Hat stand has 3 legs with two single braced legs at the front and a double braced leg at the rear which features the new knock-type spikes. The mechanism is a traditional, smooth and adjustable direct drive system
This short boom cymbal holder attached to Double Tom Stands and Tom Holders, while CS Attachments can be used to attach cymbal holders to cymbal stands.